Question… Do you love helping people? Occupational therapy In Australia is a growing field with a high demand for qualified professionals. Australia is one of the best countries in the world to pursue a career in occupational therapy, thanks to its strong economy, excellent education system, and ageing population.
What Is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy is a broad field, aimed at dealing with people who have suffered injuries and are seeking their way to resurgence. In simpler words, occupational therapy helps these people to put their lives back to normal. The occupational therapist will help an Individual how to be self-sufficient.
Australia luckily has got all covered for you if you are aspiring to be an occupational therapist, not only it offers an excellent support system for your career aspirations but also has some excellent course providers who will make you job ready through their bachelor’s and master’s program.
There are a good number of providers of this course and it is accredited by the Occupational Therapy Council of Australia (OTC) and approved by the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (OTBA). Upon graduation, students will be eligible to apply for registration as occupational therapists with the OTBA, which is administered in conjunction with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). This means that graduates will be able to work as occupational therapists in any Australian state or territory.
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider pursuing occupational therapy in Australia:
High demand for occupational therapy in Australia:
The demand for occupational therapists in Australia is expected to grow by 20% over the next five years. This is due to several factors, including the ageing population, the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, and the growing awareness of the importance of occupational therapy.
The excellent education system for Occupational therapy In Australia:
Australia has some of the best universities in the world for occupational therapy. These universities offer high-quality education that prepares graduates for successful careers in the field.
Australia is a beautiful country with a great climate and a relaxed lifestyle. This makes it a great place to live and work as an occupational therapist.
If you are interested in pursuing occupational therapy in Australia, here are the steps you need to take:
- Complete your undergraduate degree: You must complete a bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy to become an occupational therapist in Australia. Several universities in Australia offer this degree.
- Apply for registration: Once you have completed your degree, you will need to apply for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). This process involves submitting an application form and providing evidence of your qualifications.
- Find a job (An Obvious One): Once you are registered, you can start looking for a job as an occupational therapist. There are several different settings where occupational therapists work in Australia, including hospitals, schools, rehabilitation centres, and private practices.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
Occupational Therapy Australia: https://otaus.com.au/
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency: https://www.ahpra.gov.au/
Occupational Therapy Jobs In Australia: https://www.seek.com.au/occupational-therapy-jobs
Pursuing occupational therapy in Australia can be a rewarding career choice. If you are interested in helping people improve their lives, this is a great field to consider.
Here are some additional benefits of pursuing occupational therapy in Australia:
- High salaries: Occupational therapists in Australia earn some of the highest salaries in the world. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the median salary for an occupational therapist in Australia is $80,000 per year.
- Job security: The job market for occupational therapists in Australia is very strong. The unemployment rate for occupational therapists in Australia is very low, and many job opportunities are available.
- Work-life balance: Occupational therapists in Australia typically have a good work-life balance. This is because the hours are generally regular, and there are several opportunities to work part-time or flexibly.
If you are considering pursuing a career in occupational therapy, Australia is a great place to do it. The country has a strong economy, an excellent education system, and an attractive lifestyle. These factors make Australia an ideal place to live and work as an occupational therapist.
If you are looking to study occupational therapy at a top-ranked university, we have got some bright options for you. Book your consultation with us today!